Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Toastmasters can Make You A More Effective Marketer

I once thought Toastmasters was just a public speaking group. Now after being a member for more than eight years I have realized it is so much more.

This is what Toastmasters has done for me and can do for you as well.
  1. I have enhanced my leadership skills. I have been in various executive committee positions in various clubs including president at two different clubs.
  2. It has made me more interesting and more interested.
  3. It has given me a group of people that I consider friends no matter which club I am in. The fellowship is amazing.
  4. Has improved my ability to evaluate other people as well as myself.
All these elements have added up to increased self confidence, self-esteem, assertiveness and passion. These are all qualities you need to foster if you want to be a shameless self promoter.

In addition the practice I have had writing and presenting speeches has helped teach me how to tighten up my message.

So consider going out to a Toastmaster meeting and see what it is all about. If you would like more information go to the Toastmasters International website. There are links there that will point you to a club in your area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home