Saturday, March 25, 2006

Do Customer Loyalty Programs Work?

I have noticed less of those little punch cards that say "Buy 9 get one free" in recent years. I have used these with limited sucess in my business. Perhaps like other forms of marketing that become popular it reached a point of saturation and it lost its effectiveness.

Today the points card programs seem to be more popular. However they too may reach a point of saturation.

Here are two blog articles I came across.

At Business Pundit the belief is that these programs are no longer effective because they are used so often.

At Mantra Brand Consulting you are given a few things to think about if you do decide to adopt a customer loyalty program.

I will perhaps write more about this topic in future posts, as I feel there is more to be said. Tell me what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home